This is our Christmas special where I take a moment to thank you for helping us make Family Time Q&A Podcast a success for the past two years. I'll also share what is happening for me in the world of podcasting for 2016, and then we get into the meat of the episode, our question to you our listeners.
Jerry, Olivia, and Emma come together to talk about the 2015 Corpus Christi Ballet production of The Nutcracker Ballet, times when Jerry was embarrassed by a child, and when the Christmas season is a hard time for you.
Olivia and Jerry talk about Christmas excitement, the Nutcracker ballet, and what brings us peace of mind. We also want you to share your favorite #FamilyChristmas memory with us for an upcoming special episode. Call 361-434-0126 to leave us a voicemail with your favorite story. It could be from your childhood, adulthood, or a tradition your family carries on today.
Emma and I have a father-daughter talk about our Thanksgiving vacation to Black Mountain, North Carolina, the filming location of Dirty Dancing, puppies, and our request from you.
Frito Lay ran a Do Us a Flavor campaign where unique flavor recipes were submitted, four were chosen and produced, and consumers had a chance to taste and vote for a limited time.
- Kettle-Cooked Greektown Gyro
- Wavy West Coast Truffle Fries
- Southern Biscuits and Gravy
- New York Reuben
Jacob and I brought on Honorary Dugans, Maddie and Dannielle, to bring you a special Teen Voice Edition of Family Time Q&A Podcast. In fact, we'll even call this episode Family Time Q & Slay because that's what Maddie really wanted to call it.
We also brought back the mystery candid question format just for Maddie and Dannielle.
Full Show Notes, Click Here TheRealJerryDugan.com/071
Honorary Dugan, Emiliano Diaz De Leon joins me for a discussion on what is the role of a father in raising boys into non-violent men? Emiliano is the Men's Engagement Specialist from Texas Association Against Sexual Assault.
- (3:00) Most memorable moment as a father so far
- (5:50) Comparing 2-parent experience versus single parent experience in our childhoods
- (7:15) Work as a Men's Engagement Specialist with TAASA
- (12:40) What's our role as fathers in raising healthy non-violent boys into healthy non-violent men?
- (31:50) Emiliano's revelation after one year of going Vegan
Emma and I have a father-daughter discussion about two daddy-daughter podcasts worth checking out including the following:
- (1:00) Nutcracker ballet auditions with the Corpus Christi Ballet
- (3:38) Leadership is a lonely road
- (7:11) Two sports, cross-country and ballet. One had to give
- (10:30) BeyondTheRut.com, a new podcast
- (13:50) Daddy Daughter Podcasts worth checking out
Olivia and I have a husband and wife discussion on the following:
- Jacob's first cross country medal
- A new format for Family Time Q&A Podcast
- Olivia's Silent Bob quality
- My biggest regret and an opportunity to consider
Question from Jacob: What would you like to see in the world in the next ten years?
- Gadgets from Minority Report
- Let's see a little more world peace and grace from the Christian community
- Teen sexting and positive bystander behavior
- The potential for positive peer influence that a male student athlete possesses
- Life interrupted, receiving tragic news, and responding with prayer